1. Bio – Identical hormone replacement is used to replace important hormones that
regulate functions in our body that decline with age. Bio – identical hormones have
the same molecular structure of the hormones naturally produced in the human body.
2. BHRT treats the symptoms of menopause in females, low testosterone levels in
males and low levels of human growth hormone in middle aged adults.
3. BHRT treatments are prescribed by a medical doctor after review and analysis
of a comprehensive panel of blood tests. The hormones can be custom made at a compounding
lab or massed produced by a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
4. BHRT restores or elevates the patients hormone levels to the level desired by
the prescribing physician with the goal of alleviating unwanted symptoms of having
a low level of a particular hormone such as estrogen or testosterone.
5. Bio – Identical hormones are made from plants such as yams or soy beans and then
processed in a lab to achieve the same molecular structure of the hormone produced
in the human body. Bio – Identical Hormones can also be produced using DNA technology.
6. Bio – Identical Hormones may be taken daily, weekly or on a cycle as prescribed
by the medical doctor.
7. Bio = Identical Hormones can be absorbed into the blood stream orally, via injection,
topical cream or using the pellet implant system. The molecular structure of the
hormone will determine the best delivery system. Human growth hormone for example
is too large a molecule to be taken orally or topically and must be injected or
absorbed utilizing the pellet implant delivery system.